Friday, January 11, 2013

Moving right along

     It's been a busy day! I'm glad to be home to put my feet up for a few minutes.
      I went to therapy this morning and was measured again. She ordered the thigh high compression garment I will have to wear. I also will need a special garment for my foot because of the swelling in my toes. Hopefully within two weeks I can get out of the layers of cotton,foam and bandages during the day! It's a little overwheling to think about wrapping my leg every single night for the rest of my life. But I'm trying to think positive,take deep breaths and just focus on today.
     I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is getting back to the gym! I had a good routine going before this happened. I went at least 3 days a week after I got out of class. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been doing some things at home but it's difficult with the bandages and surgical shoe I have to wear.I have mostly focused on my diet to lose weight these 7 weeks.I must be doing something right because I'm down 20 pounds. :) I do jumping jacks,squats,crunches and leg exercises on the floor so I get some activity in.I miss walking and the elliptical though!
     I'm thinking of having my hubby take pictures of my leg wrapped up,just to share with you how it looks.We'll see...

No comments: